When it comes to keeping a tidy home, a little bit of daily effort can go a long way. Being creative and using wasted space to help you organize your place can make all the difference. Here are 10 tiny tips on how to have your space looking stylish and organized in no time at all:
#1: Bed Risers- these nifty devices allow you to create extra storage space under your bed where you can stash off-season clothes and other eyesores you don’t want to leave out in the open.
- On the note of storing things under your bed, use space-saver bags. You’ll be surprised how much more you store under there when you remove oxygen from the equation.
#2: Multi-Tasking Furniture: Consider fully-functional furniture such as a sleeper-sofa, a storage ottoman, or even a bed frame with drawers can help reduce clutter and utilize what would typically be wasted space.
- Another way to utilize furniture to its fullest capabilities is to invest in items that have doors like television stands, armoires, and cabinets. You can use these pieces to stockpile all your things that you don’t want people to see.
#3: Cord organizers, key hooks, and storage boxes are essential!
- Key hooks come in all varieties so choose one that functions as a place to store your keys and your mail in the attached basket.
- Nobody likes to see cords everywhere behind their TV so an inexpensive solution are Velcro straps that organize them where they can easily be tucked away.
- Storage boxes come in all shapes and sizes so you can either choose bins that you stash away in your walk-in closet, or others that you don’t mind leaving on display.
#4. Buy a laundry basket/hamper with a lid. You’ll be amazed how much a covered laundry basket can truly clean up a room. You also have the opportunity to choose something that can double as a statement piece in your room.